Wednesday 10th February
Well, they do say there's no time like the present, so rather than look at any past work, here are just a few examples of YOUR recount openings that landed on Teams yesterday afternoon!
I am not naming the work, but if you see yours there, then 'Thank you!'
Today you will:
1. Look at the PowerPoint for today to check that you have the ideas for how to develop a cohesive piece of work
2. Again, look at the advice on using a range of devices that I have highlighted - short sentences, similes, metaphors, alliteration and personification
3. Proofread your work so far
4. Check out the examples below
5. Complete the recount
6. Proofread the work - decide if you are happy with it and remember that if it is just okay, it won't do! Take pride in your writing and make sure that you have created a really interesting and engaging piece of work!
Have a look at these examples from yesterday and decide which aspects you really like and inspire your writing today... I think that there is something from everyone here that I could use in class this morning!
Thank you guys!
I think that these pieces are already developing aspects of the style we need, so a big 'Thank you' once again if your work is featured!