It is very important to us that parents are able to give us feedback, so that we can act on any concerns, know when things are going well or refine what we do. There are many ways parents can get in touch with school, emailing teachers using the new teacher email listed below, phoning or making an appointment to see a member of staff via the school office.
Parent Questionnaire Feedback - July 2019
I would like to express my thanks to the many parents and carers who took the time to complete a questionnaire before the summer break. We strive very hard to provide the best possible education and value your opinions on what you feel is working well and your view about how we could get even better. I would like to take this opportunity to share a summary of the responses we received which I am very pleased to say were extremely positive and have been very informative.
What do you think are the positives about the Berkeley Academy?
· Children: secure, safe, cared for, polite around school when visiting, well behaved, friendly, make good progress, encouraged to reach their potential
· Staff: share how my child is doing, trusted and strong leadership team, strong sense of family, fun, a head who is always visible, passionate and engaging, approachable, high expectations, happy, inclusive, supportive, nurturing, high expectations, excellent TAs
· School: encouraging children to try their best, good curriculum, great facilities, lots of sport involvement. celebrate a wide range of achievements, warm and welcoming, always looking to evaluate and improve, introduces new, successful initiatives, open door policy, lots of after school clubs,
· Atmosphere: friendly, caring, challenging, great, happy place to learn, close knit, welcoming, warm, family feel, clear values that are shared by all
· Behaviour management: high standards, celebrate positives, firm but fair, consistent, bullying and bad behaviour are not tolerated.
How can we make further improvements to The Berkeley Academy?
· More outdoor learning such as forest schools to benefit kinaesthetic learners
How well do you feel we communicate with our parents/carers?
Views on how communication is working well:
· Range of sources including email, texts, parentmail, Facebook and website are now used by vast majority and commented on as working well
· Advanced notice of events sometimes needs improving – can be short notice
Lots of emails all at once – overwhelming at times
· Planners work well for day-to-day communication
· Good communication between teachers and parents
· Teachers respond to messages quickly
Suggestions to improve communications:
Any further comments:
Thank you to all your responses so that we can continue to move the school forward and celebrate what you feel we do particularly well. I am very proud of the many positive comments that were received and I would like to share a sample of the very positive we received:
· ‘We have been very pleased with The Berkeley in all aspects. Our son has had a good time at the school and his results show how excellent the school is.’
· ‘Every time I visit the school, the children are always well mannered and respectful of each other.’
· ‘The core values of the school are what set The Berkeley apart from other schools.’
· ‘I am so pleased my child has attended The Berkeley. I couldn’t commend it enough. The teachers have encouraged him to try hard and do his best throughout his time – thank you for doing a great job’